Night shot in Salta's main plaza
Will the real Paul Whitehead stand up!!
The alarm did it’s thing and I did mine, tapped to snooze then turned the bloody thing off. Another slow start, packed the bikes, said bye to all in the hostal and the estacianomento then headed out of town for Abro Pampa eighty kilometres from the Bolivian border. The road to Jujuy was a very narrow winding road though the mountains, it was so narrow and so windy that the average speed was around forty kilometres an hour. I enjoyed it but Paul could not get in the rhythm. Some of it was a little hairy as there are no guard rails and the drop offs were incredibly steep and high. After Jujuy the road opened up and we were treated to some fantastic sweepers as we gradually climbed to three thousand four hundred metres. At Abro Pampa we found Hotel Cesarito and parked the bikes in the kindergarten behind very high gates, we even had dinner at the hotel which was very convenient.
I have had to take a Diamox as I am really feeling the effects of the altitude, out of breath and a little nauseous. The Diamox isn’t great as it is making me pee like crazy, one of the side affects, this is only going to add to the already major problem of old mans disease of getting up several times in the night!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment